Date: Wed Mar 29 07:15:25 2006
From: electric_cissp at yahoo.com (the electric)
Subject: S/Mime Exchange 2003 how secure how to secure
	it?

One thing that you may want to considered is "hardening" the devices that are being used.  For instance, a users PDA or Blackberry can be easily attacked if there is protection on it, biometrics, one time passwords, passphrase, etc, are a big help. Second what means are you going to use for accessibility, VPN, SSL, etc.  The security aspect should be the first plan of action before putting rolling out any new platform.   Also you may want to make sure that your users know how to use their devices and what security precaution they should take.  I am sure your company would hate to have one of those devices stolen and find out that the user put his/her username and password in some TXT file.

Lyal Collins <lyal.collins@...2it.com.au> wrote:
      st1\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)  }      @page Section1 {size: 612.0pt 792.0pt; margin: 72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.EmailStyle17 {   COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-compose  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      Do you want data recovery?
  Just forget the password to a certificate/private key, and the company has lost access to any comany records 'protected' by S/MIME, generally in conventional S/MIME setups.  And forget virus/spam scanning too.

  Lyal