Date: Mon Apr  3 04:34:36 2006
From: xcon at xfocus.org (XCon)
Subject: Welcome to XCon2006!

XFocus Information Security Conference

XCon2006 Call For Paper

XCon2006 the Fifth Information Security Conference will be held in
Beijing, China, during August 18-20, 2006. China has long been known as
a famous cultural country, while Beijing is the most splendid place in
its history. It can date back to 1000 BC, when our ancestors already
live and multiplied here and 34 emperors issued orders and govern the
nation successively. There has been a very mysterious atmosphere around
this old culture city, in which we express our advancements and
personalities, exchange our technologies and experiences, and share our
achievements and excellences.

August is the season of harvest, as well as share. These security
professionals at the vanguard of leading information security technology
will share research and unique experience with zealots from all over the
world, and the speakers to be presented in the conference are among the
best, the most intelligent. These professionals have assembled unique
new material that they will present at this conference to help you
maintain your leadership in this severely competitive technological
field, and it must be the most memorable experience in your life journey.

This three-day conference will be held in a relaxed and cozy atmosphere,
which will provide an international communion platform for the
information security professionals£¬technicians£¬security supervisors£¬
managers, and hacker technology fans. They say their says and show
themselves as much as they like. It is not only a brilliant symposium,
but more importantly, a ¡°party¡±, a ¡°party¡± to share the joy of success.

Welcome to our event and discover amazing China! Don¡¯t hesitate, and
join us!

Target people to participate in the event: any person who is devoted to
information security£¬including information security professional£¬
Internet security hobbyist£¬administration engineer of networks £¬
security consultant of networks and CIO and so forth¡£

SPEAKERS PRIVILEGES

Speaker whose presentation has been accepted by XCon will participate in
this event to make a speech by himself. They will enjoy the following
privileges:

1) Return economy class air-ticket for one person

2) Hotel accommodation

3) Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference

4) After-conference party

5) We will organize the speakers to visit some of the famous historical
sites during the day after the meeting, and taste the flavors in Beijing. **

*Note**£º***

1) Speakers must offer relevant bill voucher¡£

2) XCon will be the final arbitrator on this matter¡£

Please feel free to email XCon at xcon@...cus.org for the further
information£¬details and consultation or contact us via MSN:
xfocusxcon@...mail.com

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Submission must include the following information:

1) Brief biography including list of publications and papers published
previously¡£

2) Abstract of speakers¡¯ educational or job experience.

3) Contact Information: full name, alias£¬country of origin ,net
nickname, e-mail, phone, fax£¬photo, company address, any IM contact
details (msn, ICQ, YM, AIM, or any other)£¬and special dietary requirement¡£

4) Speaking details

How long the speech will last

Whether to release new tools

Whether to release new vulnerability

Whether to release new Exploit code

5) Why is your material different or innovative or significant or an
important tutorial£¿

6£©All submission must include PPT and WORD in English or Chinese in
either MS Office or OpenOffice format¡££¨ English and Chinese available£©

Please send submission to cfp@...cus.org for selection. Submission must
be done no later than July 1^st 2006.The date of final notification of
acceptance or rejection is July 10^th 2006.Whether your Presentation
Material is accepted or not, we will contact you by the information you
offer.

IMPORTANT DATES

1) Final Submission¡ªJuly 1^st 2006.

2) Notification of Acceptance or Rejection¡ªJuly 10^th 2006.

TOPICS

The scopes of topics are broad and include, but not restricted to the
following areas:

*/--- /**/Application Security/*

- Web Application vulnerability research

- Automatic Vulnerability Discovery

- Database Security and hacking

- Protocol exploits

- Trojans, Worms , Malware Technology

- Encrypt,Decrypt,Crack Technology

*/--- Intrusion Detection/Forensics Analysis /*

- File systems analysis and recovery,

- Runtime Structures (stack/swap/..) Data recovery,

- Reverse Engineering (malware analysis, vulnerability research),

- Intrusion Detection and Evasions technologies

- Honeypot / HoneyNet related technologies

*/--- Wireless and VoIP security /*

- 802.11x, CDPD, Bluetooth, WAP/TDMA, GSM, SMS, 3G Technology

- PDA and Mobile phone protocol analysis

- Palm, Pocket Pc security

- Wireless gateway

- VoIP security and vulnerability analysis

- Secure WLANs, vulnerabilities and analysis

*/---/**/ /**/P2P Technology/*

- Instant message tools (MSN, Skype, ICQ, etc)

- Chatting tools (IRC, web Chat, etc)

- P2P download (BT, Emule, etc)

OTHER INFORMATION

Please feel free to visit http://xcon.xfocus.org/ for the speaker
information, conference arrangement and previous conferences archives
.Updated announcements will be posted to *XCon* and *XFocus* website.

ABOUT TRAINING

Besides the conference, there will also be specialized security training
courses in XCon2006 and these classes will be held before the main
conference. Please see the XCon Training Announcements for more information.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

You can visit XCon website for more information. The earlier you apply
for£¬the more discount we will offer you. The attendees shall bear all
the expenses on food and accommodations. XCon will endeavor to assist
you to reserve the hotel.

Thank you for your support to XCon !

XCon2006 organizing committee & XFocus Team