Date: Sun Apr 16 04:21:32 2006
From: n3td3v at gmail.com (n3td3v)

On 4/16/06, nocfed <nocfed@...il.com> wrote:
> How else were they supposed to get anybody to their presentations?  It
> is not about what one wants done, but about how they go about doing
> it. If, per se, there was a conversation about fuzzing then one could
> lead a conversation, or reply to an inquery, into their own mailing
> list. Otherwise, it is, and always will be, spam as the person is
> ADVERTISING without request.  Everyone else knows what SPAM is, right?

Ring-of-Fire had a really clever way of spamming and letting everyone
know about their list. What they did was get Todd Towles to cross post
by putting their e-mail into the carbon copy of every e-mail he sent.
Also, they would spam an invite to everyone on FD who disclosed a
valid vulnerability or was a regular on the list, who was showing
signs of intelligence. They probably still do use that invite tactic
to build up their member count. Now Ring-of-Fire is full of everyone
who has ever post to FD, it is like a mirror of FD, just without the
disclosures, and a bunch of geeks asking each other security related
questions. They got really annoyed when they found out the n3td3v
mailing list had been archiving their so-called secret conversations.
I guess they want to pretend they are plotting to take over the world,
in denial of that after an e-mail leaves the group, it can be archived
anywhere, by anyone, for any reason, and theres nothing they can do
about it. They did however ban my e-mail address, but that didn't stop
me rejoining on a secret alias. I decided to get one back on their
invite spamming tactic one day by harvesting everyone who had ever
post to Ring-of-Fire and sent them an invite to the n3td3v mailing
list, so I kind of stole half their members using their own spam happy
tactics. What goes around comes around. Maybe we can goto the fuzzing
mailing list and spam the hell out of it. Hee hee. Or just harvest
everyone who posts on it and invite them to the n3td3v mailing list,
Ring-of-Fire style. Ok, maybe not, but yeah.