Date: Mon Apr 17 20:47:44 2006
From: daniels at Ponderosatel.com (Daniel Sichel)
Subject: Alas poor Dunfey, I knew it well

> >                THURSDAY, MAY 11, 1978 - 2 PM

> >                    DUNFEY'S ROYAL COACH

> >                    SAN MATEO, CA

> >                    (4 MILES SOUTH OF S.F. AIRPORT AT BAYSHORE, RT

> > 101 AND RT 92)

Sorry, but I couldn't stop myself from mourning the loss of an old
friend referenced in your DEC spam, the wondrous Dunfey hotel, a
medieval themed inn of great renown for wargames conventions and SCA
members alike. Sadly, ironically it is now just another Marriot, grim
and business classed.  A sad metaphor for so much these days.  As to DEC
and their demise *^*&(  'em, they were too pricey anyway.

BTW, at what point does SPAM become history, and is there an online
museum of the internet with famous stuff like this?  I mean it is
arguably the first SPAM, it aught to be immortalized somewhere. Maybe
host the sight on a PDP 11-20?

Dan Sichel