Date: Tue Apr 18 14:30:10 2006
From: michael.holstein at csuohio.edu (Michael Holstein)
Subject: Re: kiddie porn warning [was: Fwd: Re: montspace
 -- child porn (site still up)]

> Guys, please refrain from going to that site or downloading it. In some
> western countries just having CP on your PC means your life can be
> completely ruined without much further evidence or investigation
> before-hand.

wget to STDOUT would be safe in such situations, no?

You can't "see" an image rendered that way, unless you're Rain Man and
can mentally reassemble a JPG from text.

> Motive is irrelevant. Leave this to the proper authorities.

Tried that .. emailed both the FBI and Interpol on three occasions ..
and received no response. Perhaps if I picked up the phone and just
talked to the dialtone .. then their evesdroppers would pick it up and act?

/mike.

PS: This begs the larger question on what, as a network operator do we
do when we "stumble" upon such things? .. are we guilty just because we
found it by accident (in this case, because some dipass posted a URL
without warning as to the content) .. and try to be proactive in dealing
with the problem (while simultaneously reporting it to the authorities)?