Date: Thu Apr 20 16:49:41 2006
From: dankney at sunsetfilms.com (Don Ankney)
Subject: Gary McKinnon

On Apr 14, 2006, at 10:30 AM, bkfsec wrote:

> Truth be told, more people hate the current republican party than
> like it.  If everyone who could have voted would have voted, it
> would be a landslide victory for the left.  This is especially true
> if people were to vote along ideological lines rather than party
> lines.  Many people (stupidly) voted for Bush because they thought
> he'd better represent the interests of the common man... in other
> words, they voted red when they should have been voting blue.

It would have helped if the Democrats nominated a reasonable
candidate. Kerry was a horrible candidate, as was Gore, as would be
Hillary Clinton.

I believe in the ideals of the party. I just wish they'd nominate
somebody I could take seriously.

If the Democrats stopped treating the party like a country-club that
rewards loyalty instead of merit, I think you'd be correct and the US
would swing to the left.