Date: Sat Apr 22 22:58:54 2006
From: crypticmauler at linuxmail.org (CrYpTiC MauleR)
Subject: Who Do I Contact?

I can not stress the fact I will not be going public with it since it risks MY information and MY PARENTS' information. Reason I have not given details of the hole other than its implications and will not post the school's name or even state which it resides in until this is fixed and the site has at least been audited. I am a supporter of full disclosure, but when I see in this situation the pros and cons of going FD the cons heavily outweigh any benefit. Yes the school may move faster, or they wont but in the process it would put thousands of student records at risk to misuse and id theft. ID theft is the worst case scenario since without a good credit, etc your life in the modern world is pretty crappy financially. I do not want to put anyone in danger of having their lives ruined by going FD. I just want one thing and that is for this to be fixed so I can rest assured that I do not have to worry that my info could be stolen by someone as they please. I am in the process of contacting people and will also be contacting the Attorney General of the state the school is in. Unfortunately that can only be done on Monday, so school has extra 24 hours to fix hole or I will bring media attention to them to get it done. I don't care for publicity, fame, etc I just don't want my damn information vulnerable period! If I had the choice I would leave the school right now but that would hurt me financially and academically. Thank you so far everyone for the input and helpful suggestions and information on how to deal with this matter. Very much appreciated.

Regards,
CM