Date: Fri Apr 28 17:36:11 2006
From: prb at lava.net (Peter Besenbruch)
Subject: MSIE (mshtml.dll) OBJECT tag vulnerability

Michal Zalewski wrote:

> Because, among other things I've already mentioned, it will in no way
> affect when they're going to release a patch. Their official policy is to
> stick to a weird schedule.

Unfortunately, given Microsoft's recent behavior, Michal's right.
Further, I too have seen the data showing much faster response times
when Microsoft is blindsided. The only question that remains is whether
some inherent sense of fairness on the part of the reporter dictates
notifying the vendor first, even though it likely won't do any good.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky