Date: Thu May 11 00:32:25 2006
From: kkadow at gmail.com (Kevin)
Subject: Security contact at America Online for an AOL
	Instant Messenger issue?

I found a blog by Justin, Chief Architect for AIM, sent email.

On 5/10/06, Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio@...ti.fi> wrote:
> It's worth of checking their Web pages first, there is AIM Security Central located at
> http://www.aim.com/help_faq/security/faq.adp?aolp=
>
> "If you are aware of a security problem with AIM, please click <<here>> to report it."
>
> Goes to
> http://www.aim.com/help_faq/report_form.adp?topic=security
> No registration needed, please select 'SECURITY ISSUE' from the Select Topic drop down menu.

So far I've found about four different web forms, including the above,
all of which have this text at the end of the page:

"Check this checkbox to indicate that you understand this is not a
place to get support, and that you will not receive a reply to the
information you entered above.  You may not submit a bug report unless
you check this box. If you need help solving a problem, please visit
our FAQ page instead."

In my experience, historically it has been all but impossible to get
*any* response from AOL.

Kevin