Date: Fri May 12 17:09:15 2006
From: BlueBoar at thievco.com (Blue Boar)
Subject: How secure is software X?

Brian Eaton wrote:
> On 5/11/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar@...evco.com> wrote:
>> Don't we fairly quickly arrive at all products passing all the standard
>> tests, and "passing" no longer means anything?
>
> I believe that point is called "success."

I was thinking more like all their "security" efforts only went to
making sure the test reports clean, and they get declared "secure".  Now
you have two products that pass the tests regardless of relative
security, or whether one of them was carefully developed with security
in mind.  Not my definition of success.

					BB