Date: Wed May 31 15:05:30 2006
From: davidfa at gfi.com (David Farinic)
Subject: abnormal behavior Gmail logon

>Servers are supposed to send RST packets when they do that, but not all
>servers do it, and not all clients recognize those RST packets as
>indicating that the document they just downloaded is incomplete

Most of the clients do recognize and most web servers do correctly apply
use of RST and FIN for TCP/IP HTTP connection ending.

Problem is that some (most?)Proxy servers (nontransparent and probably
also transparent)  DO NOT.

I tested 4 different proxy servers if they pass RST to client's browser
when original web server sent RST. All sent FIN instead of RST :(. (I
Did this test as I found other web apps. problems resulting from this
proxy behavior)

If anybody knows proxy which behaves 'correctly,' pls let me know.

Regards David Farinic