Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:02:22 -0700
From: "Jain, Siddhartha" <Siddhartha.Jain@...-tencor.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Yahoo/Geocities possible exploit/vulnerability

Hi,

I was logged onto Yahoo Messenger (version 7.5 on WinXP SP2 Pro), when I
got a message from a friend's ID:
Pxxxx Bxxxxx (8/14/2006 4:25:50 PM):  --->
www.geocities.com/now_thats_funny_210/

Clicking on the link took me to a page with the URL as above in the
address bar and yahoo/geocities page that asks for username and
password. On entering the username and password, the next page displayed
was my photo album on yahoo but the URL in the address bar still
remained the same as above!!

Next thing I noticed that Yahoo Messenger had frozen.

I changed my yahoo password and un-installed Yahoo Messenger.

When I asked my friend about the message, he said he didn't send the
message but received a similar message from his wife in the morning who
hadn't sent it either.

- Siddhartha