Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:20:54 -0400
From: "Peter Dawson" <slash.pd@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Microsoft Vista's IPv6: Dangerous Information
	Leak?

V6  tunnel over V4 should be ok.  I really dont see only UDP *ONLY* packets
at the stack level.  TCP/IP is enabled too within vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1005.mspx#ESG

/pd

On 8/27/06, TJ <trejrco@...il.com> wrote:

> Yes, Teredo is a concern - both for Vista (V6 enabled by default) and for
> those who have enabled V6 in WinXP (takes one command) ... or for those who
> have installed a 'nix Teredo client.  All predicated on Teredo servers +
> eelays being available, of course.
>
> And, for the enterprise / managed env. - easily blockable if you try, even
> assuming you aren't following a default deny policy :).
>
> (BTW - blocking IP prot41 tunnels is also recommended, unless you mean to
> let them out!)
>

> /TJ (mobile)
> PS - there is atleast one other UDP-encapsulating 'transition mechanism'
> as well ... thinking specifically of TSP.

http://peterdawson.typepad.com
PeterDawson Home of ThoughtFlickr's
"This message is printed on Recycled Electrons."

Content of type "text/html" skipped