Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:33:02 +0100
From: "Airey, John" <John.Airey@...b.org.uk>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: RE: Linux kernel source archive vulnerable

The even simpler solution is to never build the linux kernel on any
machine that is publicly accessible in any way, nor have a compiler
on that system. In fact, ensure that system runs with the minimum
amount of software necessary to provide that service. You can achieve
this easily with Linux, but it is not easy with Windows.

- --
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNE, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, Information & Knowledge Systems
Royal National Institute of the Blind, Bakewell Road, Peterborough,
PE2 6XU
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848
John.Airey@...b.org.uk

On April 23rd 2006 I completed the London Marathon in 4:26:22, about
an hour slower than my target. On July 10th 2006 I rode 177km of the
191km Etape du Tour from Gap to Alpe D'Huez. On October 1st 2006 I'll
be running in the Great North Run. I hope to raise £2000 for RNIB
through all these events. You can sponsor me online at
http://justgiving.com/rnibetape.

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.