Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:35:20 -0400
From: "Fetch, Brandon" <BFetch@...pac.com>
To: <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>,
	"J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Truths in "Truth in Caller ID Act"

The biggest part of this legislation is the fact it was never officially
illegal to spoof your caller-ID information before.

Now that it's illegal, you can be charged with it and that "point of
inquiry" can then trigger any number of events to determine the depths
of your criminality (is that a word?).

Just a case of closing the loopholes that are/were used/exploited to
perform further malfeasance on unsuspecting victims.

Like Valdis noted: Capone was put away for tax evasion not violent
crime.

We're going to be seeing another similar law coming down the river soon
regarding pretexting.  Pretexting had not been defined as being illegal
as of yet but here, post-HP, it will soon be.

Thanks,
Brandon