Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:39:50 +0300 (EEST)
From: hijacker@...um.net
To: "Rik Bobbaers" <Rik.Bobbaers@...kuleuven.be>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Plague Proof of Concept Linux backdoor

Hello Rik,
and how on earth can you make "root" run that piece of code? Do you have
to specify it in the README section that it is mandatory to run that as
root in order the "new" application root will be installing to run as
expected?

Indeed, it is hard to tell what it actually does... unless you open your
eyes and see sed 's/root/something/g' somewhere.

Either way, installing from hundreds of source files, can make even the
best sys admin to not notice that part of the source code of the
BACKDOOR-contagious application!

bad PLAGUE! bad intentions! bad people possibly putting that where root is
messing.

cheers,
-nik