Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:02:28 +0100
From: GomoR <fd@...or.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: SinFP 2.04 release, works under Windows

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of SinFP 2.04, which now can
run under Windows ActivePerl.

SinFP is a new approach to active and passive OS fingerprinting, you can
know more about its features here:
http://www.gomor.org/sinfp

SinFP has now more than 130 signatures in its database.

To be informed about new signature files, subscribe to:

Installation instruction can be found here:
http://www.gomor.org/cgi-bin/index.pl?mode=view;page=sinfp#3

For Windows users, follow these instructions:

  This was tested with ActivePerl 5.8.8.819, with PPM v4.0.

  # If you are behind a proxy:
  C:\> set http_proxy=http://username:password@...xy:port

  # Add gomor repository
  C:\> ppm repo add gomor http://www.gomor.org/files/ppm/repo-8xx

  # Disable all other repo, if you have many. Or only ActiveState repo
  # by default
  C:\> ppm repo 1 off
  C:\> ppm install Net-SinFP

  # Re-enable all other repo
  C:\> ppm repo 1 on

  Launch it:
  C:\> perl C:\perl\site\bin\sinfp.pl

  If you have error messages about failing to load some .dll, go to
  www.microsoft.com. Then, in the search field, type in vcredist_x86.exe,
  download it and install it.

Please, do not hesitate to submit new signatures to sinfp_at_gomor.org,
or on the mailing list.

Best regards,

--
  ^  ___  ___             http://www.GomoR.org/          <-+
  | / __ |__/          Systems & Security Engineer         |