Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:06:29 +0100
From: Stefan Lochbihler <steve01@...llo.at>
To: upb <upbupb@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: PHP Array and Null Bytes

Before i start to read the whole source please tell me if php act
according to the rules.

Once again  - when i create the following array with apostrophes
<http://odge.de/englisch-deutsch/apostrophe.html> in php

arr['\0'] = ...

the output from <<print_r>> is as  follow: Array( [\0]  ...)

When i create the array with quotes the output is as follow:

arr["\0"] = ... Array ( Null Byte)

When i create the array from the url with register globals on

arr[%00]  the output is as follow:  Simply nothing  !

PS: read the php source, 'array's are implemented in Zend/zend_hash.c

      I know that i could do this, but it cost a lot of time and
therefor i decided
      to ask someone who may had the same problem :-)

regards

Steve

upb schrieb:
> read the php source, 'array's are implemented in Zend/zend_hash.c :)
>
> On 11/10/06, Stefan Lochbihler <steve01@...llo.at> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> some questions to NULL Bytes within PHP Arrays.
>>
>> Let us assume there exist a php script with the following code.
>>
>> $erg=$_GET['show']
>>
>> if(!isset($arr[$erg]) $erg="something";
>>
>> $arr is a predefined variable but with "register globals on" it would be
>> possible to set your own Array Key. This means when you set
>>
>> $erg=test
>> $arr[test]
>>
>> you could deliver almost every chars you want. My problem is that
>> i want to deliver a content like that.
>>
>> $erg=index.html%00
>> $arr[index.html%00]
>>
>> The problem is that the Null Byte within the array destroy the array.
>> My question is if there exist a way to avoid the Null Byte within
>> the array. For example (im not really familiar with charsets)
>> to create the Null Byte with the help of f.e. UTF-7 encoded
>> chars.
>>
>> If someone has an idea please let me know.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Steve

View attachment "steve01.vcf" of type "text/x-vcard" (150 bytes)