Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:26:30 -0500
From: Michael Murray <mmurray@...steme.ca>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Security Career Teleseminar/Podcast Series

Hi,

I know that this is slightly off-topic for FD, but I figured that
this actually made sense - one of the skills that most security pros
spend the least time on are those for developing a career in security
rather than just bouncing from job to job.  This is even more true in
the vuln research community; we tend to have a bit of "shiny object
syndrome" - we often go to whatever the next cool project is without
a whole lot of vision for the entire picture of where we end up.

(Aside: note that this is similar to the ack of vision that often
creates vulnerabilities in software - one module expecting that the
input passed to it from another module knows what it should or
shouldn't contain... neither check... and suddenly there's a great
vuln to be exploited... do you ever wonder what kind of weakness is
in a career path?)

To that end, I decided to put together a teleseminar series (that
I'll record as podcasts as well) of people who have built or know how
to build a great career in info sec.

If you're interested, check it out and sign up:
http://www.episteme.ca/cblog/index.php?/archives/91-Announcement-
Episteme-ITInfoSec-Career-Portfolio-Teleseminar-Podcast-Series.html

-Mike

Mike Murray
mmurray@...steme.ca - 415-309-1455 | aim - mm_episteme
Episteme - Belief. Knowledge. Wisdom.