Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:08:21 -0500
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Tavis Ormandy <taviso@...too.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: SSH brute force blocking tool

Tavis Ormandy wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 10:56:33AM -0500, J. Oquendo wrote:
>
>> Incorrect did you look at the fix? It isn't unsanitized as you state:
>>

> J, you have made an attempt to fix it, but is is not sufficient.
>
> An attacker can still add arbitrary hosts to the deny list.
>
> Thanks, Tavis.

Right... And as I stated on a different post... If an inexperienced
admin allows that, it is on them. My attempt at making what I NEEDED and
thought was helpful succeeded. If someone wants to nc insert arbitrary
addresses, so be it. No different that someone spoofing random addresses
at a firewall. What are you going to do, sift through  every single
address touching your network. Heck for what you just claimed "An
attacker can still add arbitrary hosts to the deny list. ... it is not
sufficient" ... TCP/IP is not sufficient with all of its issues. Give me
a break

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5157 bytes)