Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:07:45 -0700
From: "Reed Arvin" <reedarvin@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: New Windows tool - PWDumpX v1.0

New Windows tool - PWDumpX v1.0

Tool location: http://reedarvin.thearvins.com/tools/PWDumpX.zip

=====

The PWDumpX v1.0 tool allows a user with administrative privileges to
retrieve the encrypted password hashes and LSA secrets from a Windows
system. This tool can be used on the local system or on one or more
remote systems.

If an input list of remote systems is supplied, PWDumpX will attempt
to obtain the encrypted password hashes and the LSA secrets from each
remote Windows system in a multi-threaded fashion (up to 64 systems
simultaneously).

The encrypted password hash information and the LSA secret information
from remote Windows systems is encrypted as it is transfered over the
network. No data is sent over the network in clear text.

This tool is a completely re-written version of PWDump3e and LSADump2
which integrates suggestions/bug fixes for PWDump3e and LSADump2 found
on various web sites, etc.

Source code included.

Credits:

My intent with including the source code along with this tool is to
give something back to the I.T. security community. I learned a lot
while creating PWDumpX but I could not have done it without the
original source code for PWDump2, PWDump3e, and LSADump2. So...thanks
to the creators of these tools for being generous enough to include
the source code with these tools so that hungry minds can learn new
things.

=====

Tool homepage: http://reedarvin.thearvins.com/tools.html

Written by Reed Arvin <reedarvin@...il.com>.