Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:27:47 -0500
From: TheGesus <thegesus@...il.com>
To: "SDALAN04@...mn.edu" <SDALAN04@...mn.edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Financial firms warned of Qaeda cyber attack

On 12/1/06, SDALAN04@...mn.edu <SDALAN04@...mn.edu> wrote:
> I beg to differ Mike, they are trying to play the same lame ass game that the (Bush) Oil industry, trying to raise interest rates because Osama Bin Laden is going to hack everyones account.
>
> Not so smart, I guess I better withdraw all my money American and buy Euros to be safe?
>

> On Friday, December 01, 2006  9:04 AM, Michael Holstein wrote:
> >> Reportedly DHS confirmed an alert had been distributed but said there was no reason to believe the threat was credible.
> >
> >Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:04:39 -0500
> >From: Michael Holstein
> >Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Financial firms warned of Qaeda cyber attack
> >
> >and since when is DHS "credible" itself? and why to people scatter every
> >time their terrorism "mood ring" changes color?
> >
> >I guess they don't realize that servers overheat when wrapped with
> >plastic and duct tape.
> >
> >~Mike.

> "Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds" - Einstein
>
> "Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"

If you ever plan to get money out of the bank, you better do it now,
while the getting is good. In a bank run, the federal government
(guardian angel and loyal slave of the banks) would most certainly
declare a moratorium on withdrawals.

More and more people are hearing the recommendation to "withdraw a
little extra cash out of the banks" to prepare for cyber attacks. If
as many as 1.32% of bank depositors take their advice and withdraw all
their money, the banks will close their doors.

Al Qaeda threatens to disrupt the electronic bank payments system.
This system contributes about 90% of the US money supply. Without it,
10% of the money supply (the cash & coin) must take over the work of
the other 90%.

Conclusion: Withdraw and stockpile some cash now. Shoot for at least
three months' cash requirements. Don't wait. Start now.

--
Paul Milne
If you live within five miles of a 7-11, you're toast.

(thanks, Paul, wherever you are!)