Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:55:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Thomas Holt <researchonhackers@...oo.com>
To: Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@...yros.de>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Call For Participants For A Research Study Of
	Hacker Culture

Sorry for any confusion.
I am referring to hacker in the context of an individual with a strong interest in technology who uses their skill in unique or innovative ways (in essence, the definition provided by TNHD).  How did that knowledge base develop, what furthered your interests, and how do you apply your knowledge?
I am not interested in script kiddies, crackers, and lamers who are only out to perform malicious attacks and want to brag about their experiences without actually understanding the mechanics behind what they have done.
I hope that clears things up, though if there is still any confusion please let me know.
Thanks,
Tom