Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:10:35 +0000
From: "BART. ...." <need4angel@...mail.com>
To: 3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: FW: [Fwd: Re[2]: Fun with event logs
	(semi-offtopic)]

Dear 3APA3A,

Correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like it's documented behavior of the
event viewer.
This is what i found:

Note that there is no way to log a string that contains %n, where n is an
integer value. This syntax is used in IPv6 addresses, so it is a problem to
log an event message that contains an IPv6 address. For example, if the
message text contains %1, the event viewer treats it as an insertion string.
If the string contains %%1, the event viewer literally uses %%1.

Source:

Greetz,