Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 19:29:19 -0600 (CST)
From: Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
To: funsec@...uxbox.org, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: CCC: Monochrom,
	hackers and art (plus other videos and presentations)

CCC was amazing! I am definitely going next year again. For more videos
and presentations suggestions, skip to the link below.

One of the greatest surprises for me at 23C3 was my personal introduction
to Monochrom ( http://monochrom.at/ ,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monochrom ), a group of hacker artists from
Austria. I know Jake Applebaum.. but I had no idea about the Austrian
group, or how great they are.

In very simple terms they are artists, very contemporary and very very
scene-connected. Life hacking, real hacking and any type of hacking, these
guys are just l33t. We need to get them a stage one evening at defcon so
they can play for us.
As a quick introduction to them, sing along with their RFID song (special
for 23C3). I know I did. (although I couldn't follow their German songs,
Danke sounded like a lot of fun - yes, I saw you singing Fukami!)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ywg53D8_iVw

For their lecture at 23C3, which is very cool and presents a lot of very
interesting art projects heavily relating to hacking (not work
safe! Porn! Could be considered very offensive! PG18, etc.) download the
wmv:

ftp://ftp.c3d2.de/congress/23c3/monochrom-t4s3.wmv

Some of the projects they discuss include porn, indeed, but others are
more interesting. They created an entirely fictional artist (Georg Paul
Thomann - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Paul_Thomann ) and had him
represent Austria in an International art show (and "save" Taiwan when
China wanted them out of the show). They showed (both by using 50 real
Euros and with a mathematical calculation) how many times it would take
to blow the several Trillian Euros in circulation by going to a bank and
exchanging to USD and Euro again and again, etc.

Cool people! RFID!!

I cover CCC extensively on the SecuriTeam blogs, if anyone is interested
in other talks of note:
CCC report: day 0
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/773

23C3 (CCC) lectures on Google Video