Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:31:01 -0800
From: Base64 <base640@...il.com>
To: "pdp (architect)" <pdp.gnucitizen@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Firefox: serious cookie stealing /
	same-domain bypass vulnerability

This vuln is not exploitable in this condition against IIS server 6
and possibly earlier versions.  IIS will die on the null character in
the new request.  It doesn't seem like anyone has brought up this
fact.

Example (IIS): location.hostname='microsoft.com\x00www.coredump.cx';

Output:
microsoft.com returns '400 Bad Request.'.

Any input would be appreciated until the obvious patch comes out.

Regards,
base