Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:54:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Vic Vandal <vvandal@...l.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: CarolinaCon 2007 Announcement/Press Release

The Carolinacon Group, a North Carolina-based non-profit organization
dedicated to technology education, proudly announces and invites you to
join us for an event: Carolinacon 2007.

The conference will be held April 20-21 in Chapel Hill, NC at the Holiday
Inn on North Fordham Boulevard. Chapel Hill is within a 30 minute drive of
Raleigh, Durham, and The Research Triangle Park.

Now in its third year, started as a grass roots movement to bring local
technology enthusiasts together, the event spotlights a diverse array of
topics: computer and computer network security, software code, electronic
hardware modification, reverse engineering, information age privacy and
civil liberties issues, the state of underground cultures tied to
technology, and many other related subjects of discourse.

For a $20 admission fee, payable in advance or at the door, you can spend
a weekend among intelligent inquisitive people talking about far-reaching
ideas.

Despite being open to the public, there is an intimate atmosphere. You
will meet and hang out with speakers and other attendees alike. In
addition to seminars, you can participate in a number of challenges and
contests, and attend our now (in)famous after-hours social gatherings.

While the list of topics and speakers from our past two Carolinacon events
are hard to rival, this year we are expanding the number of speakers to
provide even more opportunities for information and education. They
include several talks Friday night, and all the talks we could possibly
squeeze in from noon to midnight on Saturday. As is our tradition, we will
close out Saturday night with an open trivia challenge based on
seminar-related subject categories.

The current draft of our agenda includes topics such as:
- computer filesystem forensics
- FreeBSD Jails
- the evolution of telephone switching technologies
- creating and managing a non-profit computer research lab
- human natural intelligence and a cortical primer
- an examination of the online black markets by a UNC Charlotte professor
- electronic circuits and circuit elements
- ways to win an electronic "capture the flag" contest
- non-cryptographic methods for protecting and sharing information
securely
- legal issues in open source software development, usage, and
distribution
....and more!

For more information, please check out and stay tuned to our website
(http://www.carolinacon.org/) or send your specific information requests
to conference@...olinacon.org.

This invitation is submitted sincerely for your consideration by the
volunteers and staff of Carolinacon 2007.