Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:46:44 +0200
From: "Michal Majchrowicz" <m.majchrowicz@...il.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Microsoft Windows Vista Slideshow Unspecified
	Blue Screen Of Death Vulnerability

It seems that Vista has some problems with ATI drivers.
It was already reported that file atikmdag.sys can cause BSoD after
leaving the game
(http://leovilletownsquare.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/17600/ ).
Today user with nickname Olo contacted my and by making some tests we
where able to determine that there are more problems with this driver
and Vista. We where using this configuration:
http://sectroyer.110mb.com/vuln/hardware.jpg
Everytime you try to turn on the slideshow with a JPG file in the
folder you get BSoD (http://sectroyer.110mb.com/vuln/vista_bsod.jpg ).
You can test it by turning on the slideshow in the following
directory: c:Windows\Web\Wallpaper\
Since this case cannot be connect with 2d-3d mode changes it seems
that there is some vulnerability directly in Windows Vista which cause
this BSoD in atikmdag.sys (ATI Kernel Driver). This vulnerability can
be used as a DoS but Code Execution haven't been confirmed or denied.
Regards Michael Majchrowicz.