Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 22:59:21 -0400
From: "Larry Seltzer" <Larry@...ryseltzer.com>
To: "Alexander Sotirov" <asotirov@...ermina.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Windows .ANI LoadAniIcon Stack Overflow

>>Firefox doesn't support ANI files for cursors. If the exploitation
method was so obvious, we would already have Firefox exploits in the
wild, wouldn't we?

I don't know. I'll have to think about how else you would get it to use
an ANI. There's no Flash involved, is there?

>>Maybe the url should be in quites? This works for me:

It's actually supposed to work with or without quotes I think and I've
tried a dozen variants and yours here. No luck. The cursors are straight
out of c:\windows\cursors. I'll try it in the morning.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/