Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:38:40 -0500
From: Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The Cyber war on Iran

--On April 4, 2007 7:19:17 PM -0400 Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:

> The problem isn't Islam. It's not Christianity.  It's extremists who
> cloak themselves in one or the other to try to claim the moral high
> ground in their attempt to rid the world of The Other Flavor, because
> they never learned concepts like "tolerance" or "playing nice with
> others".
>
> Failing to realize that, and then taking action on that failure, just
> makes the situation worse, as it gives the intolerant of The Other Flavor
> more fuel for their reprisals.  Ask yourself "Are They going to hate Us
> more if We do this?" - if the answer is "yes", you're probably making a
> mistake....

You seem to be living under the delusion that your actions can somehow
influence the extremists.  There's only two actions that will influence
the extremists in any way and that is to kill or imprison them.  Anything
else you might try, like trying to make nice with them or negotiate with
them, is a complete waste of time and merely hastens your own death or
imprisonment.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

Content of type "application/pkcs7-signature" skipped