Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:08:50 -0400
From: "matthew wollenweber" <mwollenweber@...il.com>
To: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls@...allas.edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Hackers uniting against Iran?

Dude you're why I stay away from Texas. Your statics and assertions are
nuts. Many of those deaths are highly related to the US or democracies.
Vietnam for example.

As to no democratic country has waged war on another? The US revolted againt
Britain. Yes, they had a king but parliment had power. The US south vs the
north. The war of 1812. The Falklands War... do I really need to go on?

This whole thread is off topic, the "facts" are nuts on both sides, and
seeing the thread re-appear every five minutes is getting irksome.

On 4/5/07, Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu> wrote:

> --On Thursday, April 05, 2007 14:45:51 +0200 uberspritzer@....net wrote:
>
> >> You have to be joking when you say the greatest threat to humanity is
> >> capitalism.
> >
> > no, i'm not joking; i mentioned the 100,000+ deaths caused every day
> (and
> > forgot those deaths caused by civilization diseases like diabetes,
> cancer
> > etc. that is caused by 'your lifestyle'), i mentioned wars, i mentioned
> > killing the planet... so i don't see that capitalism is NOT a thread,
> the
> > greatest thread, to humanity.
> >
> Well, no one can help it if you're ignorant.
>
> Estimates of dead from various totalitarian regimes are over a hundred
> million.  China and Russia alone almost reach that figure.  The worldwide
> figure for deaths under communist regimes from 1900 to 1987 is estimated
> at
> almost 170 million.
>
> Japan - 3 to 10 million
> Cambodia - approximately 4 million
> Turkey - 3.5 to 4.3 million
> Vietnam - 3.8 million
> Poland - 1 million
> Pakistan - 1.5 million
> Yugoslavia - 1.7 million
> North Korea - 1.6 to 3.5 million
> Nazi Germany - 7 to 10 million
> Mexico - 1.4 to 3.3 million
> Russia - 52 million
> China - 35 million
>
> If you total all the war dead and every category of violence you can think
> of in every democratic country on earth, you can't even get close to those
> appalling numbers.
>
> Furthermore, no democratic country has ever started a war with another
> democratic country.  (That's as in zero.)  The majority of wars are begun
> between two non-democratic countries, and democratic countries have the
> lowest incidence of foreign and domestic violence of any form of
> government.  (And yes, that includes the US.)
>
> The fact is that if all countries in the world would adopt democracy,
> there
> would be no more wars.
> >
> > - Cuba has a much lower infant mortality than the US;
> >
> Wow.  I am so impressed.  US is 6.43 and Cuba is 6.22.  Statistically
> insignificant and, without context, meaningless.
>
> Both are less than 1/10th of the rates in a lot of the garden spots of the
> world that so many liberals admire.
>
> > - Cuba has an overall much better health care than the US (who in the US
> > is able to pay for health insurance? not that many people!)
> >
> Estimates of uninsured in the US (not including illegal immigrants) are in
> the range of 20 million.  That's about 7% of the population.  Meanwhile,
> in
> the paradise of Cuba, they don't have chlorinated water, they live in
> dilapidated and deteriorating housing (except for the chosen few, of
> course), and sanitaton is almost non-existent.
>
> Cuba uses a two-tier system for healthcare.  Good stuff for the party
> [...]

Matthew  Wollenweber
mwollenweber@...il.com
skytel: 800-206-3041 | 2063041@...tel.com

Content of type "text/html" skipped