Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:22:23 +0200
From: Levent Kayan <levent@...ehack.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [levent@...ehack.org: Re: [Amsn-devel] aMSN
	<= 0.96 remote DoS vulnerability]

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 07:06:15PM +0300, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
> On Sunday 22 April 2007 18:51:39 Levent Kayan wrote:
> [...]
> > 31337 is just an example port! aMSN is binding an ephermal port after
> > you've started it. Just do a netstat -an and look for ephermal ports. If
> > you get the aMSN port you can connect to it and sending some characters and
> > you'll get replies by aMSN.
> > If you send an '{' or '}' character to that amsn port, you'll notice
> > that aMSN is reporting an error message (amsn window).
> > But if you going to send more than one character of '}' or '{'
> > it will be killed. Yes, the whole client!
> >
> > To "Ismail Soenmez":
>
> Learn to spell my name correctly first.
>
> > What about "DDoS"? Sending characters to that port in
> > an "infinite" loop is a DDoS for you?
>
> If you read the PoC you wrote you'll see that you forgot to increment the
> value of i in the loop. So yes you are sending packages in an infinite loop.
> Thats DoS, never mind the double D I stuck up there.
>
> --
> Life is a game, and if you aren't in it to win,
> what the heck are you still doing here?
>
> -- Linus Torvalds (talking about open source development)

It was just a typo about your name (i'm  using .de layout). Like you with your
"DDoS" typo.
I didn't want to increment, just doing a infinite loop yes!
You can do it manually
connecting to that port and just paste the characters I showed. The loop isn't
important in that role. Same result.

Cheers "DOENMEZ"

Name: Levent Kayan
E-Mail: levent@...ehack.org
GPG key:
0xd6794965
Key fingerprint:
FD20 03C3 DD7F 51BB 224F  F11E 0855 23C8 D679 4965
Website:
http://www.corehack.org/