Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:46:14 +0800
From: "Just1n T1mberlake" <hotpackets@...lokitty.com>
To: scott <redhowlingwolves@...lsouth.net>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Linux big bang theory....

> scott wrote:
> > Evidently you need more experience in security research:
> >> http://projects.info-pull.com/moab/
> > I believe this should dispel your myth about OSX's invulnerability.
> > Really...did you honestly believe it was invincible?
> >
> > Regards

Of course no operating system is invincible when you have full access
to the machine. You could just delete all of the files yourself.
OSX isn't using all of the tricks like windows does to try and hide
executables throughout dlls and other such files. Ever heard of dll
hell? No wonder these machines are broken into so often.
The point is what would you rather have 1000 windows machines 1000
linux machines or 1000 OSX machines? If you wanted to not be infected
I'd be taking the OSX machines for sure, otherwise if you want to get
these kind of kernel rootkit tricks of JOquendo or something like
rhosts for your life then you would choose one of the linux
distributions.
What next are you going to virtualise this and run them all on the
same host? Frankly, it really doesnt matter what your guest server is
running if your host is broken :-)

--
Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vincent Lombardi