Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:31:51 -0700
From: "Matthew Leeds" <mleeds@...leeds.net>
To: "3APA3A" <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>,
	"Davide Del Vecchio" <dante@...ghieri.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Retrieving "deleted" sms/mms from Nokia phone
 (Symbian S60)

In fact this is so well known that many of the charities that accept donated cell phones provide tools for secure deletion of data prior to shipping the phone.

http://wirelessrecycling.com/home/data_eraser/

It would be interesting to test the hard reset (factory reset) feature of some current phones and see what data, if any, is recoverable.

---Matthew