Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:57:01 -0700
From: coderman <coderman@...il.com>
To: "David Maynor" <david.a.maynor@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, dailydave@...ts.immunitysec.com
Subject: Re: Erratasec Research MD5

On 5/17/07, David Maynor <david.a.maynor@...il.com>..

lol, sure dude.

> .. wrote:
>
> I've noticed a lot of people posting MD5

that's pretty lame, since even sha1 is deprecated.

speaking of which, when do i get my shiny new cipher suites with
SHA2-256?  IPsec is nice, but sometimes i need that TLS layer...

> ... I find it
> truly amazing that people in the security space still use wireless at all!

a vpn leaves you nothing but DoS.  sadly, we're not going to see
authentication in the 802.11 MAC for .. well, probably never.  *sigh*

as for ring0 beacons and other driver level hijinks, these appears to
have tapered off.  perhaps the next major re-write of wireless driver
infrastructure in the kernel(s) will open new windows of opportunity.
five+ years and wireless API's still suck.  wonderful!

> [ ... insert troll food here ... ]

loldongs, etc, etc.