Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:48:20 +0300
From: "Johnny Storm" <johnny653@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Kevin Johnson BASE <= 1.3.6 authentication
	bypass

>I think your "vulnerability report" sucks (to use your word.)
>1) You use very unprofessional language
ghhh.

>2) You provide no links to either Base or the Base+ fork so the reader can
>check for themselves.
learn to read or to use google. (whats on the same top of my posting?)

>3) You provide no source from the Base+ fork to show how its
>authentication scheme is not vulnerable
it's open source. go - check it yourself.

>4) You personalize your report by using Kevin's name, in an attempt to
>embarrass him
it seems that you haven't yet noticed what is the name
of his *security* product ;-)

>5) You provide no evidence that you have ever contacted the Base project
>and notified them of your "discovery"
full disclosure.

>6) You don't even mention that an authentication vulnerability was
>**reported and fixed** more than a year ago, nor do you mention how your
>report relates to that vulnerability [1][2][3]
you haven't done your homework. this vulnerability has nothing
to do with those you discovered.

>7) You don't explain that the code you posted is not part of the
>authentication system and that the auth code is in base_auth_inc.php.
learn to read. lol.

>8) You don't explain what you mean by "what if not?"  The answer is, if
>not, then authentication is required, you do have a role and you have
>already authenticated.
at this point you prove that you have no clue.
please, stfu and go offlist noob.