Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:09:03 -0300
From: cardoso <cardosolistas@...traditorium.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Apple Safari for Windows feed:// URL Denial
	of Service Vulnerability

Are you sure it's wise to waste resources poking  Safari/Windows in
search of flaws?

The thing DOS itself, my machine (vista home premium, braz. portuguese
edition) can't run Safari for more than a few minutes, less, if I try do
actually open a website.

I'm an Apple fanboy, proud owner of a Macbook, but I think this
abomination is the worst piece of software I ever installed, including
Windows Me and Microsoft Bob.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 03:42:02 +0300
Trancer <mtrancer@...il.com> wrote:

> Apple Safari for Windows feed:// URL Denial of Service Vulnerability
>
> Versions: Apple Safari For Windows 3 Beta
>
> Apple Safari for Windows is prone to a denial-of-service vulnerability
> because it fails to properly handle crafted feed:// link.
>
> Proof-of-Concept: .
> Link: feed://%
> Exploit: <a href="feed://%">DoS</a>
> Yes, this will crash Safari. Yes, it's that easy.
> Note that this doesn't work with http://, ftp://, gopher:// and etc'.
>
> Reference:
> http://www.rec-sec.co.il/2007/06/12/apple-safari-for-windows-vulnerabilities/#exp
>
> Credit:
> Moshe Ben-Abu of BugSec is credited with discovering this vulnerability.
>
> Vendor has been notified.
>
> --
> Moshe Ben-Abu :: Trancer
> 0nly Human...

Carlos Cardoso
http://www.carloscardoso.com <== blog semi-pessoal
http://www.contraditorium.com <== ProBlogging e cultura digital

"You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it"