Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:37:02 -0500
From: Paul Schmehl <pauls@...allas.edu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Polycom hacking

--On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 14:15:51 -0400 "J. Oquendo"
<sil@...iltrated.net> wrote:

> Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> Is anyone aware of any work done in the field of hacking Polycom
>> video-conferencing devices?  Or any known hacks for Polycom devices?
>>
> Hey Paul,
>
> I have a modified version of Asteroid lying on one of my
> servers that affected Polycoms, Snoms, Hitachi WiFi's,
> and possibly a few others.
>
> Offhand you could with high probability generate a hangup
> DoS if you know enough about the network topology. E.g.:
>
>    BYE sip:victim.phone.com SIP/2.0
>    Via: SIP/2.0/TCP spoofed.pbx.server.com:5060
>    Max-Forwards: 70
>    From: Spoofed <sip:spoofed.pbx.server.com>
>    To: VICTIM <sip:victim@...tim.phone.com>
>    Call-ID: $GENERATE_CID_NUMBER@...tim.phone.com
>    CSeq: 1 BYE
>
> You could take a look at Asteroid and target a Polycom
> with it. I haven't bothered much with them. Cisco's
> aren't vuln to much I've thrown at them yet.
> (greetings Dario@^C*).
>
> As for video (H323) check out voippong: You may be able
> to intercept the audio streams out of the conference
> depending on the setup. (Asterisk doesn't do H323)...
> Maybe a combination of Yates, VoIPPong and others. HTH
>
> http://www.enderunix.org/voipong/
> http://www.infiltrated.net/asteroid/
> http://www.voipsa.org/Resources/tools.php

Thanks.  I'm not that interested in DoSes, but I'm thinking that you could
mget the entire contents, alter them to your satisfaction and then mput
them.  Don't know how much memory these things have yet, but you ought to
be able to iframe silent installs of malware, script the capture of all
audio and video traffic from/to the device, etc.  Could be quite
interesting.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst

Content of type "application/pkcs7-signature" skipped