Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:40:51 -0400
From: "matthew wollenweber" <mwollenweber@...il.com>
To: rx8volution <rx8volution@...ackingyou.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Hacking into a Windows CE PDA?

It's pretty easy to attack Windows Mobile. There was a good presentation at
Shmoocon 07 regarding that topic. If you can grab the slides it would be a
good starting point.

If you get physical access the game is over. Generally the things mount
automagically as a hard drive. Even if they don't 9 times out of 10 the
password is only a 4 digit numeric deal.

If you really want to exploit the thing Ida supports Windows CE files.
Generally the programs are very badly written so if you start fuzzing you'll
find something quickly. They're a bit of overhead to all that. You need the
SDK, the virtual Windows mobile device, and a newer version of Ida. However,
it's been my experience that that most Mobile apps crash on their own. So, a
couple minutes fuzzing is generally all you need.

On 6/28/07, rx8volution <rx8volution@...ackingyou.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
>     I have the occasion of needing to get an opinion on how 'difficult'
> it would be to hack into (bypassing the 10-guess password limit, and
> assuming complex passwords) a Windows 2003 Mobile Edition PDA.
>
>     Thoughts?
>
> Thanks.  //RX8volution.

Matthew  Wollenweber
mwollenweber@...il.com | mjw@...erwart.com