Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:20:00 +0100
From: "pdp (architect)" <pdp.gnucitizen@...glemail.com>
To: "Greenarrow 1" <Greenarrow1@....com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	OWASP Leaders <owasp-leaders@...ts.owasp.org>,
	WASC Forum <websecurity@...appsec.org>
Subject: Re: [WEB SECURITY] digital stalking,
	Google SearchHistory RSS Interface

comments inlined

On 7/22/07, Greenarrow 1 <Greenarrow1@....com> wrote:
> Well, for one, for security purposes why would anyone log into Google for
> search purposes. Second, most people I know who use any type of security

people login to check their email, chat and play with the toys on
their iGoogle. for most of the time, they are logged into Google.

> usually use a proxy if they are doing unknown type searches or surfing the
> web.  This would place a kink in the ease of getting the info you stated in
> your email.

:) keep in mind that most users are not tech/sec savvy

> While yes if anyone wanted to get your info that bad it would not matter
> what method one uses but I see the way you show as being the way a common
> Window home user would seek search data and I sure hope that corporate does
> not go this route.

the point that I am try to make is that the attacker doesn't need to
have access to your computer anymore. The data is available online
24/7. It is a lot easier to access Google Feed then some computer
behind some obscured and poorly configured NATed network.

> Regards,
> George
> Greenarrow1
> InNetInvestigations-Forensic