Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:24:00 +1000
From: "Greg" <full-disclosure3@...andyman.com.au>
To: "'Aditya K Sood'" <zeroknock@...niche.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: SecNiche : Microsoft Internet Explorer Pop up
	Blocker Bypassing and Dos Vulnerability

> Advisory : Microsoft Internet Explorer Pop up Blocker Bypassing and Dos
> Vulnerability

In fact, it isn't just "malicious" doing this. I wanted to read an article
on a well known Australian I.T. mag and it had, with it, the usual
advertisements. In the middle of reading it using IE7, a pop up started to
come up. I noted that the GOOGLE pop up blocker installed on this IE7 turned
to "Popups Okay" and when the popup came up, it bounced right back to "#
blocked" where "#" equals the number recorded as blocked. This happened to
me yesterday while using an Internet Explorer 7 on a Vista machine with no
third party firewall installed and Google Toolbar installed. So it lead me
to wonder - is Google actually allowing popups for paid advertisers or is
someone fooling with the Google popup blockers for the same reason?

No, I haven't investigated it. I haven't had the time and though this has
potential most likely, it didn't seem malicious right now. Perhaps someone
else can. Too much on my plate to get near it right now. I would love to
hear anything if anyone looks into it. Apologies if this has already been
posted. I am way behind on my list reading.

Greg.