Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:56:23 +0100
From: "pdp (architect)" <pdp.gnucitizen@...glemail.com>
To: phioust <phioust@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: full-disclosure@...hmail.com

military grade exploits? :) dude, I am sorry man.. but you are living
in some kind of a dream world. get real, most of the military hacks
are as simple as bruteforcing the login prompt.. or trying something
as simple as XSS. the reason XSS is soo neat is because it bypasses
all firewalls... what?, your military grade exploit can do that? your
military grade exploit can attack only the things that are visible
from outside. if you want to sink into the stuff then do web hacking
cuz it just works. btw, the reason I do mostly web hacking and
information architecture, is because I love the topic and find it
fascinating, something that you will never experience since you are
looking for military grade exploits. find a job that you love and you
will never work till the rest of your life, as they say...

oh btw, maybe you can write a military grade exploit but you suck in
other things... this is the real world. different people do different
things and are experienced in different disciplines. that's why we do
tiger-teams. or you can do all of it? :)

on offense, right? I am just in a mood for philosophical conversations today. :)

btw, this is your 3rd message on FD, right?

On 10/14/07, phioust <phioust@...il.com> wrote:
> I believe this discussion is about people who have real skills ( which is
> why you are confused ).. not "o so I couldn't finish my CS degree or
> function outside of computers so now I am doing XSS for a living" .... If
> XSS is the extent of your knowledge then I guess it will get food on your
> table but I think you should switch to this:
>
> and btw:
> needing someone to visit a webpage so you can xsrf isnt exactly military
> grade 0day nor is it stealthy ( not that you would know anything about
> stealthy exploits)  but i guess people jumped on it so much so that their
> cissp capable minds wouldn't be confused by sql injection [1].
>
> I also do not know why you assume someone that doesnt consider lame XSS as
> an 'exploit' could not work professionally. Maybe you just have no skill and
> thats all your job requires of you?
>
> [1]  http://seclists.org/dailydave/2007/q4/0016.html
>

> On 10/14/07, pdp (architect) <pdp.gnucitizen@...glemail.com > wrote:
> > I really don't know what you refer to as an exploit.. :)  and more
> > over, it is obvious that you have a lack of knowledge on what's more
> > valuable nowadays. don't take it personal.
> >
> > do you work professionally?

pdp (architect) | petko d. petkov
http://www.gnucitizen.org