Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:42:55 +0500
From: naveed <naveedafzal@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Microsoft Windows default ZIP handler bug

On a windows xp sp2
opened the zip file -> no crash
opened the subfile -> no crash
traversed one level up -> crash

Almost identical behavior when explorer is attached to OllyDbg
but explorer is being respawned when the debugger is closed.

its too late for me to check it in detail, anyone else might have more
clues.
also Kristian didnt mentioned how those machines were crashed as it may be
due to some issues with this machine.

On 10/16/07, 3APA3A <3APA3A@...urity.nnov.ru> wrote:

> Dear Kristian Erik Hermansen,
>
> Can  not reproduce it on patched Windows XP. May be it's DynaZIP library
> buffer overflows fixed with MS04-34.
>
> --Monday, October 15, 2007, 12:19:31 PM, you wrote to
> full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk:
>
> KEH> I tested this on three Windows XP machines and was able to make them
> KEH> all crash.  There is an issue with the way Microsoft's default
>
> --
> ~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/

Content of type "text/html" skipped