Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:04:05 -0500
From: gmaggro <gmaggro@...ers.com>
To: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Captive Portal bypassing

> Even easier than running a
> special tool is to just setup SSHD or a proxy to listen on TCP 53.  You
> can then tunnel out and do as you please without authenticating to the
> captive portal.
Not everyone has access to something listening on 53 that is ready to be
tunneled to. Nor is everyone clever enough to go about doing that sort
of thing.

We should have as a design goal convenience on such a level that someone
on the run could walk into a coffee shop or whatever, and as easy as
connecting to their home wifi, bypass the portal, then proceed to
initiate whatever communications they desire, afterwards leaving cleanly
and quickly.
> Of course you might want to keep the legal aspects in
> mind before doing any of that.

Bah. Who cares about that. Our governments have proven they do not
respect the rule of law; why should we?