Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:05:15 -0500
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: Markus Jansson <markus.jansson@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: PWDumpX v1.4 (and GUI:s)

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:40:21 +0200, Markus Jansson said:

> Make .bat / .cmd file that has that in it and save it in desktop. Next
> time you need that, doubleclick that and have a party.

OK, now I'm thoroughly convinced that you're trying to be intentionally
dense.  You missed two points:

1) You're making a .bat/.cmd out of the same CLI commands that you said
you didn't have a use for.  And yes, things that *do* get reused *do* get
saved into script files.  The point was that *you can't create that one
liner .bat using only GUI components*.

2) Saving it as a .bat doesn't help when you're doing a lot of one-off
stuff that you *can't* have tools built up for already, because you're
doing things based *on this situation*.  Unless you have .bat's already
created for "find all connections from Brazil that attempted to use this
particular SQL-injection attack, but ignore these 3 other canned attacks",
in which case I wonder how the fsck you *find* anything in all the icons you
must have on your desktop....