Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:06:28 -0500
From: "TheM ." <them.root@...il.com>
To: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger@...neretcs.com>
Cc: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	Bugtraq <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Firewire Attack on Windows Vista

I believe their work is an expansion of this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/security/hack-into-a-windows-pc-no-password-needed/2008/03/04/1204402423638.html,
which demonstrated the vuln. in XP (and, according to the paper, it's been
demonstrated with other OS's as well), and their work was specifically done
on showing the problem in Vista, which hadn't (as far as the paper writer
seems to know) been done before.

Maus

Content of type "text/html" skipped