Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:04:29 -0400
From: "Garrett M. Groff" <groffg@...design.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Security issue in Filezilla 3.0.9.2:passwords
	are stored in plain text (sitemanager.xml)

Per the FileZilla feature page
(http://filezilla-project.org/client_features.php):
"Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol
(SFTP)"

Did you try selecting the option to use FTPS in FileZilla?

Using the plain vanilla FTP protocol in any other FTP client will yield the
same problem (plaintext passwords, commands, data, etc, over the
communication channel).

- G