Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:29:08 -0500
From: "I)ruid ." <caudruid@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, mchatner@...il.com
Subject: Cirque du 0day HIJACKED!!!

Wow, that didn't take long...

I released a draft of the Cirque du 0day CFP to a few closed channels a week
or so ago, to float the idea around and see if anyone was interested in
participating.  Apparently Michael Chatner decided to hijack the idea and
submit it to the public himself.  Unfortunately the power supply died in my
co-located box for caughq.org last week and so I cannot currently respond
from my usual email address, druid@...ghq.org.  Anyhow, any number of people
can confirm that Michael Chatner's publication of the Cirque du 0day idea is
illegitimate, including Jeff Moss whom I emailed about the idea a week and a
half ago to get his opinion on whether or not the idea would be supported by
the DEFCON organization and staff.  You can expect a much more flushed out
version of this CFP after my discussions with Jeff and the DEFCON staff are
over, assuming the idea is a go.

I therefore must recommend that no one respond to Michael's illigitimate CFP
for and claim to the Cirque du 0day idea, and rather shame him for being a
huge poser. (:

Content of type "text/html" skipped