Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:49:29 -0400
From: "Steve Richman" <steve@...chman.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: what's in a name, anyway?

Could we lighten up a bit? Names are pretty arbitrary things, whether it's
Steve, n3td3v, Whiskers, or Spot. They have nothing to do with who we are,
or what we might bring to the table - naming a thing doesn't make it so. I
like this list because it is unmoderated, and allows the free exchange of
ideas among (what I think is) a community of concerned security researchers.
Certainly not all agree with n3td3v's postings, but the semi-personal
flaming just decreases the signal-to-noise ratio. In my position, the
primary concern is protecting the end user from the bad guys, and any
information that can assist is more than welcome, no matter the source or
plausibility. Thanks to all who take the time to post to this list.

Content of type "text/html" skipped